Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Smile, We're in Chaos

I ain't feeling so good these days. Can't exactly put my finger on what's ailing me but I think it has something to do with what I can't figure out. Okay, so there are lots of stuff in that category, but whatever it is it ain't my health. Unless there is something going on in my insides that's holding back, just waiting for me to say something like this.

You see! It ain't easy feeling this way. I bet you feel it too. Just a little. Maybe? It's like being in a shoe store waiting for the last shoe to drop. Or maybe like the Sword of Damocles except I ain't got no power, no way, no how. Not me. But sometimes I do feel under the pressure like Damocles was, but I can't see the sword like he could.

Anyway, I plan to get past this. A walk amongst the live oaks and cedar brakes always helps. So does a adult beverage. Maybe I oughta go back to that other parallel universe where things are just a mite brighter. But I can't just pop in and out on a whim. If I do this too often I could end up in some parallel timeline and meet myself coming and going. It's perplexing for certain, and I don't need any more of me than there already are.

Anyway, this here universe is mighty compelling if you're into chaos theory.

Okay, this deserves a little explaining, and from the get go it's a question. Does the flap of a butterfly’s wings in Brazil set off a tornado in Texas? According to the brainiacs that ponder this stuff, one little event in one place can make very big things happen somewhere else even without knowing or planning.

Dragging their notion into my situation, any more worrying on my part could set off a war or some other catastrophe. Perhaps I oughta just smile and let it go at that. Maybe I need a head doctor, but this just might work. Peace could break out in some little corner of the world, or maybe just in my part of it.

What ya think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ollie,
I been a hankerin on cutting my head off if it don't quit poundin...
--DK