Monday, October 27, 2008

And the Nominees Are...

I've been pondering this off and on for a spell, and I reckon it's way past time to accept nominations for "A Special Place in Hell".

Becoming a member of this bunch ain't easy. You gotta frustrate folks so much that if you were responsible and stepped forward at just the wrong moment and said with a final smile: "I made that," you'd have your note taken in for certain just to get you out of their misery.

You take that pay toilet. Now I ask you, "What was he thinking?" (Trust me, a woman wouldn't a invented this one -- finding change in a purse is like looking for an honest politician in Washington. Think about it. There were times when you couldn't just stand in some line just to get change for the device. Fact is, no one has stepped forward to claim the honor but the company Nik-O-Lok can take the prize for being in the forefront for manufacturing most of these reprobate hindmost inventions. My eternal gratitude to the Committee to End Pay Toilets In America (CEPTIA) for putting a stop to them infernal contraptions sometime back in the mid 70s.


Here's another: Teeny-tiny type. You know. Pick up any medicine bottle and after figuring out how to defeat that child-proof cap just try to read the dosage, warnings and maybe, just maybe, if you're successful you'll take two or three or four of them pills just to get on with what life you may have left.

THEN THERE'S THE JUST PLAIN DUMB OFFERINGS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC

Topping this list just has to be the helicopter ejector seat. For the life of me, or maybe just the copter pilot, this seems way past dumb.

And... the black highlighter. Okay, maybe this one is just dumb, or maybe not.


I'm gonna catch hell for this but: Camo hunting garments. Look, most critters are color blind. Deer won't even notice a day-glow red jacket unless you are moving around. And if think that I've gone to far then maybe you'll agree that camo bedding, camo seat covers, and camo slow cookers are stuck in idiot gear. Think about it: that coon that has been lurking around you campsite every night won't notice your food left out in that camo cooker. Next thing they'll be offering is camo soap to put in your camo soap dish/dispenser.

Jar lids what musta been screwed on by power tools are too common to warrant pointing out...

Okay, I'm on one of my "don't get me started" rants so I'll hold off for awhile.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D Timer here, just pausing for a time to let you know you may have something here (jury is still out) but a giggle or two be worth it if you like to giggle. Will continue to spend time looking in and will advise you when I see fit.