Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pay Up

I was jawin with a feller just yesterday and he was yammering on and on like a grackle on crack saying how poor the rich folks are and if the poor would quit whining and go back to work they would have all the loot they needed.

If there hadn't been so much beer left in my longneck I might a whopped him up side that thick skull just to shut him up.

I tried to clue him in a little saying that dang near everyone pays the same percentage of their income to social security. Except those making over $90,000. After paying in on that much the rest ain't taxed.

There is a whole industry wrapped around ways to help fat cats wriggle out of paying their fare share of income tax -- looking for loopholes, tax shelters and the like.

Heck, I reckon income tax should rightfully be called "work tax" cause it's a "pay to work" deal.

I imagine once you start bringing in over $90,000 you don't work for all of it, the rest just kinda rolls in like them welfare checks everyone but the poor whine about.

Maybe that social security program, which ain't so secure no more, wouldn't be going broke if folks like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates and their bunch paid in just like the rest of us.

Pile on top of all that the sad fact is the government keeps robbing from social security to cover their spending in other area.

And one more thing, while I'm going off on this topic, why do you have to pay work tax on your social security benefits? You were already taxed on your income once. Now they want to keep demanding more when you ain't even working.

I don't know about you, but given half a chance I'd call in the note on them millionaires and have them cough up their fair share.

No comments: