Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nagging the Universe

According to them folks who ponder quantum field theory, if universes are parallel they ain't supposed to get tangled up.

Here's how it works: You come to a fork in the road. You gotta choose one, but other is out there too acting just like you chose it instead. So if you ever made a really idiot decision, relax. Somewhere in the universe you're out there enjoying the benefits of a right smart move.

I reckon them physicists have never put their theory to the test. Some time back in San Saba county I was way lost in a tangled mess of dirt roads. I kept choosing the left fork in the road. Before long I worm-holed my way to that other universe where I started out and got unlost.

The parallel universe, having presented me with a second chance kept poking its head through the fabric of time and space, time and again. At least that was my theory and I stuck to it and it paid off. For spell time I kept this to myself cause I could just hear some bright spot reply:

"The universe is not like a husband. You can't nag it to death to make it change its mind."

Well, I suppose the universe never met my live-in boss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once was at a cross up and a tose up as to what to do when I came upon a choice between a parrell and a mirror Univeral so did an about twicth and found I hadn't left yet. D Timer Here and there and going about it all wrong according to some folks how don't know what it is I be doing anyhow.

Anonymous said...

D Timer, Ollie here. You might want to steer clear of that "mirror universe". That's where you keep your personality but it is way more aggressive. That ain't a good thing. Glad you stuck where you are. Which, by the way, is, Where?

For details on the "mirror universe" go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Universe_(Star_Trek)

john red dog said...

well, john red dog, just tried to post some old history to ollie, like the time he just disappeared when we was in the desert cooking beans in the nevada territory after the end of the injun wars. he just wasnt there after i looked at the beans boilin over on the fire. same with my google stuff, hard for a old man, that has no hold on time, to know what the hell is goin on. who is this googel? why is he thieving my talk to ollie? ill shoot him first if i see him, he is probably some kind of politic guy. aint worth dirt. some said i was john blue dog in the old days, i jest dont remember.

Ollie Gravis said...

John Red Dog,

I was just wonderin' "Why don't he write?" And quicker n thought you did!

So... I slipped of into that universe right along side this one here and you went and changed your name,color or both.

Yep, this 21st Century is a might complicated. Better watch out or you just might get Googled. It don't hurt much 'cept yer privacy.

--Ollie